Features to Look At When Buying a Ring Mailbox Sensor
Mail theft is currently a major issue in the majority of households worldwide. Even those who have a locking box have had their homes broken into. As a result, most homeowners have switched to ring mailbox sensors as a central Home security device. Mailbox sensors are commonly used to notify homeowners when mail is delivered to their property. However, the current market provides a variety of mailbox sensors to clients. Here are a few crucial features to look at when buying a ring mailbox sensor.
Options for Mailbox Sensors
Before buying a mailbox, ensure it will last a long time. Installing a sensor that connects to a home hub is never easy for a beginner. However, being notified whenever mail arrives at your property is the best thing.
The ring mailbox is intended to notify you if someone opens your mailbox. This device notifies you when new mail is delivered or if someone tries to tamper with your mailbox. If you want to buy ring mailbox sensors, you have two options. The first option is a sensor that includes all details attached to your mailbox and the antenna. On the other hand, you can buy a sensor along with a ring bridge.
Ring Mailbox Sensor Designs and Aspects
A ring mailbox sensor package includes, among other things, a Wi-Fi bridge, an antenna, a motion sensor, tape, and a drill bit. The bridge has similar features to the ring’s intelligent lighting system. Its major features include;
- Dimensions of 2.3 by 2.4 by 0.7 inches
- The sensor has a built-in 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radio that connects to your home network to communicate with the sensor.
- A single bridge can accommodate at least 50 Ring devices, mailbox sensors, motion sensors, and smart lights.
- The black or white sensor measures 1.4 by 2.4 by 2.5 inches (HWD).
- It’s a standard smart security motion sensor and heavy on one side.
- The top section has a lens with a 120-degree detection range of more than 15 feet.
- The antenna has a small port on the bottom and comes with an AAA battery.
- The device also has a removable plate mounted on the bottom.
- The antenna is a thin octagonal device measuring 0.2 by 2.5 by 2.5 inches, to which a 17-inch wire connects.
How Does It Work?
The motion sensor sends a signal to the antenna when the mailbox is opened. The signal will then be transmitted directly to the bridge by the antenna. Because the bridge is connected to a Wi-Fi network, it sends a notification to your phone and then triggers and connects devices. To function correctly, these sensors are installed within the mailbox door, where the antenna is located on the outside. To access the sensor’s control screen, do the following:
- Open up the software and tap the Lights tab to add the sensors.
- Turn on motion notifications by tapping the device tab.
- Create a motion notification schedule and set it to 30 minutes. You can easily access the history of an event via the device health via the online status and connect the sensor to the Ring devices.
Now that you know what a ring mailbox is and what it can do for your home security, it’s time to buy one. In addition, the guide explains how the device works to improve safety around your mailbox.